First Baptist Church is a historic Baptist Church. The church has been organized for over 120 years and has met in the current facility since 1959. The church is an independent Baptist church that has a rich history of preaching the Gospel and supporting missionaries around the world. Over the last 120 years church records show that this congregation took up weekly offerings to support gospel preaching missions around the world. Our congregation is a loving and friendly congregation. We assemble to worship God on a weekly basis, and welcome you come worship with us.
Being in agreement with the historical doctrinal position of Baptists, we choose to be called a “Baptist Church”, until this name shall be wholly associated with apostasy, heresy, and teachings other than those historical Baptist principles listed below:
- The pre-eminence of Christ as our Divine Lord and Master.
- The supreme authority of the King James (AV-1611) Bible and its sufficiency as our only rule of faith and practice.
- The competency of the individual soul to approach God and to interpret the Word of God according to the leadership of the Holy Spirit.
- The absolute separation of Church and State, but obeying magistrates and governors in all secular matters that do not annul scriptural Christian responsibility.
- A regenerate Church membership based upon faith in Christ as God’s only way of Salvation.
- The beautiful, symbolic ordinance of believer’s immersion in water as a figure of the salvation experience, a testimony of dying to self and the world, and spiritual submission to the Lord Jesus Christ.
- The revenant symbolic ordinance of the participation in the solemn and serious Lord’s Table, casing deep reflection within the heart of the believer; partaking of these elements do signify His body and blood, showing the Lord’s death until He come.
- The complete autonomy of the local congregation, but also its interdependence in associated fellowship with other Baptist Churches of like faith.
- We believe in that blessed hope — the personal, pre-millennial, pre-tribulational and imminent return of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, when the church will be “gathered unto Him”.
- A world-wide program of missionary fervor and evangelism in accordance with Pauline ministry and doctrine.